Monday, August 3, 2015

The Dog Days of Summer Have Arrived!


And not a minute too soon!  It has been freezing and wet here until last week, so temperatures in the 80s are oh-so-welcome as the season is so short! 

What's happening here?

Well besides me writing, writing, writing....


The bees are in the bee balm and lavender...



The hummers keep sticking their nose into the hostas and the wisteria is blooming



Butterflies are everywhere and the wisteria is finally creeping forward



Barry keeps adding fence panels

The gate in the middle is nearly a hundred years old
It's from Barry's grandparents' farm!

Speaking of Barry, he is reading Pride and Prejudice!



Which apparently is best read with a cool beer!


and we are beginning to dream of Paris, which is scarily less than two months away now! 

But Paris is for September. July-August are for here.

There are still fresh berries around (would love advice as to how to extend raspberries!)



the fresh produce is amazing



and I feel like the summer will never end.....





How about you?



Come on over - the water's 85!




 Happy Monday!

xoxo wendy


 

1 comment:

  1. We're just back from an island ( no service), hiking/eating/sailing, so now it's weeding I need to do. Love the blue-purple clematis, I can't seem to get that to grow.

    Our raspberries are glorious this year and still in full production. I pick the breakfast ones while the coffee water is heating and eat them on toast with almond butter and honey. Divine. I don;t know how to extend the season except to find ones that produce in the fall-- they do exist.

    I hope B is enjoying P&P, that's the way to do it. Just finished Helen Macdonald's 'H is for Hawk', a beautiful book. And I was astonished to see my town plays a roll.

    I hope you've been able to take some breaks form the writing.

    ReplyDelete

Kindness is a virtue...