Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Style Question Wednesay: Fantasy dress day

Happy Wednesday All!

Today's style question wednesday post is a bit related to my previous post about what you would want to eat for your last supper.  A little more upbeat, however,

You have just been invited to attend:

1) the Academy Awards to receive your lifetime achievement award or
2) the United Nations to receive your Humanitarian of the Year Award 0r
3) the Fashion Night Out evening with George Clooney.

Maybe all three - YOU are special after all!

What is your fantasy outfit?

No worries about weight, height, etc.  You ARE gorgeous, good-looking. YOU can choose anything and it will all look fabulous!

So what will it be?  And yes, because I love you all, you get a few choices for the day - you may want a couple of costume changes! 

I will start the game off:

Well, when I wake up, I will still be hung over from theprevious night's festivities, so I will still be wearing my Lanvin gown:

Lanvin Belted silk-satin gown

It is remarkabe how fine I look!

I am then going to change into a lovely tulle dress for the afternoon, with a big ball skirt.  I will likely be serving long island ice tea on the front porch, just like Scarlett as I get ready for my night out!



Aww - who am I kidding?  Right before dinner, I am going to slip into Scarlett's green velvet dress, just cause...

Over the top you say?  Mais oui...

Oh but I will go demure in the evening, whilst sipping champagne, nestled between my husband and George Clooney on the couch!

I always admired this dress of Gwyneth's so I will likel borrow it:


at the after party?  A bit of Marchesa...


Something demure, you know??

Oh please - do share what you would wear!!!

And in a less fancy vein, what I wore today:

My navy wool capris, navy merino turtleneck and navy wool blazer, all JC, with Lands End pearls:



And it was cold, so I dug out my Cinzia Rocca wool coat with my new Banana Republic wool scarf:


No tulle or diamonds for me today!  I do look kind of demented in thie picture above?  Perhaps it was the velvet dress?

Have a great Wednesday!

27 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie, I haven't been keeping up and I've missed you for the past couple days!

    I know exactly what I'd wear, you know I'm ready for anything, here goes: The full length slip dress in midnight silk charmeuse with the full length silk gossamer likely hand printed in a unique print to complement the midnight silk charmeuse with the jeweled silk sandals I thought "I will wear these on the red carpet when I'm invited."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome outfit! I forgot shoes! Darn - another post!

      Delete
    2. I will have to show you the shoes, they are by some European designer whose shoes usually cost 10x what I paid. I really own the midnight dress and gossamer piece, got them a zillion years ago for the price of a good silk scarf (and not even Hermès) at some place that sold one of a kind gorgeous things.

      I've been ready for years, dammit, where is that invitation. But my fantasy outfit would be the sleeveless version of Gwyneth's dress in lipstick red.

      Delete
    3. Okay - I am going to have to start the letter-writing campaign to Anna Wintour, for you to be the official co-chair of Fashion's Night Out! I want to wear a ballgown once in my life!

      Delete
  2. Oh I'd want that simple clean lined gown that Tom Ford made for Gwynnie this year, it was stunning.No jewellery, a single cuff bracelet.

    I too am living in my navy version of pic 6!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny! I just love that Tom Ford dress - it was so you!!! I just love the colour of the gwynnie dress above - it would be so flattering. She always looks so fabulous!

      Delete
    2. Yes I think Gwynnie's fab, so many loathe her but she gets the thumbs up from me.

      Delete
    3. I am with you Tabs, I would wear that dress too.

      Delete
    4. It's going to be a long evening with you two wearing the same dress!!! Luckily, I will be there to stand between you in my ballgown and then there is Miss Tiffany!

      Delete
  3. So many choices, so little time. Shoes, clutch, earrings. Pondering. Think something Carolina Herrera or vintage Valentino might make the cut. Meantime thanks for hump day fun WMM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - I love Caroline - so feminine!! And Valentino - he would have to come do a fitting on you..

      Delete
  4. You had me at the part where I can be as tall and skinny as I want! I don't follow high fashion so I have no suggestions of my own. I do not have a flair for the dramatic, though, so the Marchesa is not my first choice. I also don't have a flair for wearing curtains, so I'll leave Scarlett's dress to others! Sign me up for the tulle dress or the Lanvin. I never get to dress up girly so that's why those are my picks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cate - I am like you! I have to figure out where I can wear a ballgown in my life!!!! One of you has to have a Gone with the Wind themed wedding or party and invite me!

      Delete
    2. I have Gone With the Wind recorded on my DVR... when I watch it, I will be on the lookout for a better dress than the curtains dress, although that one is iconic. Wouldn't that be quite a theme for a wedding? I would be quite impressed to receive that in a wedding invitation, and beyond curious to see how it's done, and full of angst deciding what to wear!

      Delete
    3. I wasn't feeling well on Saturday and watched the last half myself. Always breaks my heart! I would love to go to such a wedding. Those themes are hard - when we recreated the last dinner on the titanic, all 13 or 14 courses, back in April, people were very stressed to make sure they were dressed appropriately for 1912.

      Delete
  5. A pretty dress, a perfect figure and George Clooney. Sign me up immediately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - It is important that these fantasies are not impeded whatsoever by reality!

      Delete
  6. Like Tabitha and Ema, I loved the Tom Ford dress, only in black, I don't think I could pull off white. Oh, I forgot that I am tall with perfect body, ok white is fine then. I take the cuff she was wearing too.
    The all navy looks great on you, I often wear something similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AJC - I like to think it makes me look taller, like Gwynnie in her dress....Okay, with three of you wearing the dress, you are going to have to divide and conquer - only one of you for each event!!!

      Delete
  7. Since Tabitha's alter ego or neck has forsaken Tom Ford for Daisy Dukes, I guess I'll also add my name to the white dress rotation. But only if I can have a smooth and syrup on hotcakes tan (no after-the-fact turkey neck) and GP's super-sleek even in the CA heat tresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and WMM, as per Tiffany Rose, it is ALL about the transformative (but not pinch-y) shoes. Cinderella, remember?

      Delete
    2. I want glass slippers!! Okay - You get a white dress, you get a white dress! (how Oprah of me!)

      Delete
  8. How did I miss this post today? I hate my blogger dashboard, it is completely unreliable.
    What would I wear?! What a fun game! Vintage Dior! Of course I need MrBP in a Tom Ford tux, that's a given. My Dior gown can be black or navy I'm not fussy, bag and shoes in silk to match! Oh and champagne flute #1 accessory.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved GP's white Tom Ford with the cape. So stunning. Although I always did really like Sharon Stone's taffeta skirt and ex-husband's white dress shirt tucked in. The shoes would be Manolo and the jewelry would be real. How fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Kindness is a virtue...