Sunday, November 4, 2012

Answering the Lovely TC's questions!

TC, over at the wonderful blog, What I Bought Today, has nominated me for a Liebster Blogger Award!

Thank you TC - you know I love a good award - I am still basking in the glow of the $5 I won in grade 6 for reading the most books...

The Award is pretty simple:

  • Share 11 facts about yourself.
  • Answer 11 questions that TC would like answered.
  • Pass it on to 11 others.  (that may take a couple of days cause I am slow)
Before I  provide my 11 Facts, I would just like to thank everyone who made this possible... (wait - it's not THAT kind of award???  darn!)

1.I have a thing about birds, especially hummingbirds.  This manifests itself in all sorts of ways, but mainly, in the way that I can't walk by a plate with a bird on it without buying it.  Come to my house for supper - you will see!

2.  I make the best biscuits of anyone I know.  I really do.  I suck at pies, but I do make a nice biscuit.

3. I have been an extra in two movies.  None of them were ever released.  I have tried not to take this personally.

4. Before I was 23 years old I had moved to 8 different communities. I will never move again.  Well, at least not for a long time.

5. I am a good knitter (I think) but I haven't been able to knit for 5 years!

6. I cannot remember how to manage my Itunes account on the computer.  I claim this as my learning disability.

7.  Oh wait - I cannot remember my passwords very well either....

8. I wish I could sing.  I can't.  Not at all.  I sing anyway, but I really shouldn't.  People have confirmed this to me, so this is no false modesty!

9. My favourite day of the year is December 24th.  I am an anticipation kind of gal.

10. I am not crafty at all, although I have done crafts in my life.  I still have a kit for making a doll that I got in 1972.  I am not kidding.  I am going to get to that one of these days.

11.  I have written 3 books but never really tried to get them published.  I don't have time to write now, but i hope to do so again someday!

TC's questions for me:

1. Which celebrity's closet would you love to raid? Why? 

Well, I could be tasteful and say Jennifer Aniston or Marion Cotillard, but I think I would really want to raid Elton John's!  I would have to get some things tailored, but what fun!


 2. How often do you choose your outfits based on the season? Do you break the rules?

Typically.  But I am soooo not sure of the rules, I am pretty sure I break them all the time!


 3. What season do you love the most BECAUSE of the fashion? Explain.
I like the Fall because I can hide the jiggly parts better!


 4. What is your LEAST favorite trend in fashion right now?

That everyone looks so much like everyone else.  I really miss Cher!  Where is Bjork when you need her????  I want a celebrity to start making their own clothes!


 5. What decade do you identify yourself with most, fashion-wise? 50s? 60s? 70s? 80s? 90s? None of the above?

I would love to have Carole Lombard's wardrobe (and body) from the 1930s!


6. What is your ideal shoe? Why?

Well, it has to be one that doesn't hurt!  My ideal shoe would be velvet heel of some kind or something with a LOT of embellishment!


7. What item do you continue to wear although you KNOW many consider it un-trendy, last season, etc,?

Oh My Gosh!  ALmost everything!!!  Kidding aside, probably my hair!  I let it do its thing and only straighten it once or twice a year.


8. *(Stealing this question from Colorful Corporate) Do you have any items in your closet that have lasted several years, that you still wear?  If so, what are those items?

black cashmere twin set


9. If you could only shop at one store for the next three months, what store would it be?

In my fantasy life?  Would be the Burberry Store in Boston

IN real life - I would have to say J Crew


10. To what clothing store do you give most of your money to?
Ha!  Mickey should send ME a christmas card!

 11. How do you typically make your BIGGEST fashion statement? Colors? Jewelry? Shoes? Prints?

COLOUR! CRAZY PANTS!  JEWELLRY!  I love me some bling!!!!

Thank you TC - that was really therapeutic!

4 comments:

  1. Great responses! Enjoyed them and was therapeutic for me too -- been a rough last week!

    Keep up the great blogging!
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sooooo deserve the award. I often wonder why so few have signed on as followers to your blog. You need to be discovered! You always have something witty, funny, affecting and inspiring to say. I enjoy reading your blog everyday. Thanks so much for sharing a little of yourself with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Michelle - you are so sweet! It is likely because I am not google-able! I like it that people stumble upon me and I so like all the folks who come here!

      Delete

Kindness is a virtue...